Total Pageviews

Monday 29 August 2011

Checkered Nails!!

Hello nail bloggers! Yesterday I painted my nails CHECKERED! ... and I am in love!
Its not the easiest of designs to do and it can take a long time, but the results are fabulous. I think you should all try it!

After painting on a good base coat, I coloured all my nails black. For this I used my RIO art pen (They are amazing, they have a pointed tip and a brush, perfect!).


Now heres the tricky part....

Using the white RIO art pen, I carefully drew 3 lines across and 2 lines down (you can do as many or as few lines as you want)

sorry the photo is slightly blurry

Once the board was complete, I coloured some squares white to create a checkered board look! 

This is the final result....


I know they are not perfect but unfortunatly I am not a professional, I just have a massive love for nail designs. I hope you find my little tutorial helpful - If you want to know more or have any questions, feel free to comment or send me a message. I would be delighted to help in anyway I can :)

Have a great day bloggers and keep those nails groovy!

lots of love




2 comments:

  1. I really love the Rio Art Pens - I also love to do nail art like you :) this nail design is really good but I also love the 2nd picture where it is not finished as a design... In fact that one is my favourite out of the two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you! :) RIO art pens are fantastic. I think I need to invest in some more! x

    ReplyDelete